Monday, May 16, 2005

The Benefit of Our Doubts

Why is it so difficult to simply trust? Why does it seem like I am the only one who “gets it?” Why does God always seem so far away? Why do I end up fighting with those to whom I am trying to speak love? Why does it seem so simple but yet so many are confused? Is it wrong for me to doubt? Do I really believe this?

I am sitting on the lap of my Abba, Father picking petals off a flower. “He loves me, He loves me not. He loves me, He loves me not.” And of course, as usual, the last petal is once again the one that taunts me, “He loves me not.” But before I can utter my usual protest, He interrupts me to offer these words of comfort, “The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of your God stands forever.” Make no mistake - the flowers will fall – more often than not leaving me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a lot of confusion. But the word of my God will stand forever and He said, “I love you” loud enough for all to hear…at the cross.

No comments: