Friday, June 12, 2020

I Once Was Lost (and Google Maps just wasn't cutting it)

We are all being heavily influenced these days, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. Have you not heard, “You should follow this person and this advocate and this athlete and this average Joe on Instagram?” And that’s okay, because we are actually called to be able to defend our beliefs and our positions. Enlightenment is not a bad thing. But might I assert that some of these so called “influencers” change their stance faster than I change my underwear. They are like waves of the sea blown and tossed by the wind, quite literally going where the money trail leads them. So do your research and please know who exactly it is you are following. I, for one, in my despair and exhaustion have decided to return to the road less traveled and follow Jesus above all. 

Sadly, I can follow thousands of like-minded people, but if I don’t first follow Christ, I fear I might already be lost. Where do I garner support for my beliefs? Affirmation on my position? Where does my faith lie? In a social media influencer? in a party leader? A blogger? An activist? Or in one whose influence can truly turn a life around and affect change on the deepest level? Who is my staunchest supporter? Is it the one who supports me despite my actions, words, faults and insecurities and did so from the beginning? He is actually the greatest activist of all times, past, present and future. He is actively pursuing us and make no mistake, He definitely wants to use us...to further His agenda, His cause, promote His message. And that message is one of love. Unity. Equality. We are all equally entitled whether you choose to see it or not. We are all entitled to be called sons and daughters. We are all heirs to the throne. We don't need to change the national anthem or a ride at Disneyland or the name of our band. We need to change our focus - our direction - right back to calvary, to the foot of the cross, where real persecution met its inception. Back to where sacrifice truly changed lives. Back to where love abounded and will forever. I will not claim I don't see color. I do see color. I see words written in red. Words that matter. Words that unite. Words that scream, “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.” ~Matthew 11:28

The only person with an agenda I can get on board with presently is Jesus, because His is the only agenda with the sole purpose of saving my soul and that matters more to me than white, black, blue, red, green, purple, rainbow, left, right, liberal, conservative, mask, no mask, vax, anti-vax, country, hip hop, taste great or less filling. 

“Follow no man further than he follows Christ.” ~John Collins

Choose wisely, my friends. There is indeed, a war going on and from where I sit, only one suit of armor will protect you. (Ephesians 6:10-18)

My name is Julie Sharp and I approve this message.

No comments: